Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 3:37 pm

Upon hearing Ugz name, Tetrosabier wipped his head a full 180 degrees and followed the path of Ronduns eyes.  His eyes grew wide as he realized what Ugz was doing.  The knife was driven cleanly into his back.  Tetrosabier felt the blade slicing his flesh as it was pushed farther.  The feeling of being pierced by a blade was not unfamiliar to him though.  He had been caught many times and usually there was combat involved.  Something was different this time,  Tetrosabier winced as he felt the blood leaking out of the gaping hole.  Looking at it he realized that the blood was tinted brown.  The sudden realization that the cut had pierced his stomach hit Tetrosabier like a ton of bricks.

"You son of a BITCH."  In a desperate attempt to keep Ugz from completing his objective,  Tetrosabier fell backwards, as to crush Ugz.  Tetrosabier opened his inventory and moved his potion from the back of the bag to the front,  as to make it more accessible.  As his large heavy body hit the ground, he turned his head towards Rondun and shouted, "WELL?  GET TO THE END QUICKLY!"  Tetrosabier rolled over, putting himself in a position where he could still keep Ugz from reaching Rondun and draw the knife from his back.

Slowly, he grasped the knife, every small movement sending a tidal wave of pain throughout his entire body.  Cursing the stupid realistic game, he yanked the knife out in one quick sudden motion.  The blood that had been contained poured out like a river  having escaped the makeshift dam.  Hurriedly, he clicked use on the potion, very well knowing that he would die without it.  The red contents making their way down his throat and into his bloodstream.  He sighed inwardly at the relief from the pain.  He didn't have any more potions, and he would have to wait until he was done training Ugz to get more.

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://youtu.be/X_8Nh5XfRw0
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 3:10 pm

In spite of Ugz's attack, Tetrosabier managed to pull out a healing potion and get himself between the goblin and Rondun. Ugz might have considered it impressive, but he was far too pleased with himself even if Tetrosabier was cursing him out. Blood spilled everywhere as the man foolishly pulled the blade free of his body and downed the potion. It was a prime opportunity to finish him off but Ugz stood there calmly with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm done with your games Tetrosabier. If I can get through your defenses then I've proven all I need to. You'd be dead right now if I wanted you that way."
Ugz tilted his chin up proudly and eyed the bird man. "I'm not going to kill Rondun for you, I'm not even going to pretend to."

He wasn't going to show off Rondun's weaknesses to Tetrosabier, wasn't going to play this stupid game anymore. "If I'm not good enough then you can go lay an egg for all I care." He looked over at his brother, hoping that the lamian understood him somehow. Understood that this was partly for him. Because they were brothers, and it wasn't worth it to Ugz to kill his brother to become an assassin.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Rondun just barely held in the desire to correct the Lamian’s language. However blood was already spilled on the floor and he hasn’t finish saying everything yet. “Ugz, please? It’s rude to stab the person I am still talking to.”

Regardless, he still hand him a spare health potion – because he has a hoard of those – should he need more than one to patch up the hole in the gut. Simultaneously he was impressed on how immersive this game is. The placement of the wound more or less correlate to the speed of health drop, not to mention the way the wound just bleeds more the moment the knife was removed. The few inaccuracies will just be him nitpicking the game.

When Ugz speaks about the lessons he was so proud of him and he did not even try to hide that fact. At the same time he was torn, he really shouldn’t encourage any of these behaviours, lest he brought them back out to real life. On the other hand Ugz made so many good points and this man has spent way too much time playing around rather than doing his job. Yes he understand some teachers use games to teach, but even then it was more structured and easy to understand. Unless Ugz really made a real mess of his plan, he couldn’t tell. So he made no real comment and leaves the two to sort out what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 am

The long spiel from the goblin was putting Tetrosabier to sleep.  The goblin thought this exercise was about proving himself to his companion.  "You obviously are not ready."  Tetrosabier spoke through gritted teeth as the wound finished closing.  Reading his attitude, he realized exactly why the kid was so against fighting this Rondun character, they had to be related.  That would be why Rondun seemed to close to be a bodyguard.  A sudden jolt of realization hit him.  "I gave you the simple task of tagging him, not killing him.  And while you did surpass my expectations in that you got the jump on me,  you also failed in that had Rondun been an actual mark, you would have been killed for not acting quickly enough."

Tetrosabier reached his feet.  Turning around and walking, Tetrosabier continued talking.  "You may think that this was somewhere you had to prove something to me or prove anything at all, you were wrong. If you really believe you need to save Rondun then you might do better as a bodyguard rather than an assassin."  Turning back, Tetrosabier stared directly into Ugz eyes.  "If you need to reflect on this, do so.  If the word I have spoken do not have an impact I am incapable of teaching you how to be an assassin."  Tetrosabier stood expectantly for a reply.

Glaring into the center of Ugz eyes,  two sets of dark red eyes met each other."I am willing to teach you, but only you can learn for yourself.  I can open the door for you, but only you can step through.  My methods may seem childlike, but I am just trying to give you the knowledge I had to earn in the best ways possible.  If you refuse to learn, I will still clear you with the agency and move you onto the next challenge.  However, if you want to survive you need to learn.  You may have bested me, but I am only one roadblock on the path of many.  Surviving will take a lot more than a surprise attack, and cheap shots.  It will take knowing more than you do currently.  I will teach you but you must be willing.  So, I will only ask you this once.  Are you willing to learn?"

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm

It was easy enough to ignore Rondun's complaint. Though the words earned the huge rabbit rolled eyes and a wry look that promised that Ugz would be causing some kind of trouble for him later. No, Ugz's real focus was on Tetrosabier. That annoying, self-righteous lamian who thought he knew better than everyone.

"I gave you the simple task of tagging him, not killing him. And while you did surpass my expectations in that you got the jump on me, you also failed in that had Rondun been an actual mark, you would have been killed for not acting quickly enough."

"You don't know that." Ugz folded his arms across his chest at Tetrosabier. "Neither of you tagged me when I attacked. So you can't say that I'd have been killed at all." It was clear - to Ugz at least - that the guy was just sore that Ugz's had been able to tag him. And the rest of what he had to say didn't change that belief in Ugz in the least.

"I don't want to be a body-" But Tetrosabier was talking and... talking. He reminded Ugz quite suddenly of his grandfather and the young goblin took an even more defensive posture. Scowling at Tetrosabier as if the other man had personally insulted him somehow. He wanted to be an assassin, but he suddenly wasn't sure it was worth it if he had to deal with this...

Wait... Had he said he'd recommend Ugz even if Ugz didn't go through with his stupid training? Ugz's eyes narrowed.
"So. You'll let me become an assassin even if I don't do all your stupid training stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 9:34 pm

Again the need to be responsible was clashing against his need to be just as petty as his little brother. He needed to point out that yes he tagged him while talking to Tetrosabier – albeit by complete accident but it still happened because that was what’s in his hand as he was talking. Not to mention he does made a good point to listen and perform the task that has been set out by your superior, regardless of how silly and inconsequential they seem. It was to show that you can be trusted with something more important.

However. Just because Tetrosabier was been rude and mean to his little brother at the start, all he wanted to do was be petty and nitpick at everything the man did. Admittedly he was running out of things to nitpick as well. So in the end the responsible side win out.

He did not miss the way Ugz began to withdraw as the Lamian continue to lecture on. Without any words he stepped closer and partially in between the two. Close enough to Ugz to offer warmth and comfort should he chose to take it. He still give Ugz a look that suggest that he has now earned a lecture as well in real life. “Now, now I know none of this was within each other’s expectation.” Certainly not within his. “However now the awkward miscommunication stage is at its end. Let us all speak plainly and explain clearly.”

Rondun feel like a councillor at this point and he really doesn’t envy their position. He knelt down at Ugz and said quietly. “Ugz I think he meant that the guild already cleared you to be an assassin but wanted you to gain training and experience. It would not to do for a new player to immediately take on an actual mark now does it? I wasn’t sent to protect anyone on my own when I became a paladin. We all have to start somewhere.”

He tried to keep as quiet as possible so Tetrosabier might not hear it and feel better that he was right. But he was also aware they are still near an alleyway and its quiet, so he might still hear it. He could only hope that the Lamian at least have some sort of decency to keep his face neutral.
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

Looking across the way, Tetrosabier stood with his eyes locked on Ugz.  It was clear that the goblin would have taken his offer of clearing him with the agency.  Though he was glad to see that at least the rabbit had more sense.

The rabbit knelt down and started talking in a deep and meaningful tone to the smaller of the pair.  While Tetrosabier was unable to hear the exact words used by the lamian,  the point of the speech came across well.  He was trying to console his companion into taking Tetrosabiers assistance.

Tetrosabier remained hopeful to a change of heart, but was also prepared to hear Ugz decline his help.  He really did not want to risk having someone so ill trained going out to hunt people that have experience killing people better than him.  Tetrosabier remained emotionless as the rabbit talked to the childlike character.  He stood still,  waiting for a final response.

One question went through Tetrosabiers mind. Will he accept?

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 10:19 pm

Every part of Ugz wanted to argue with his brother. Wanted to come up with some clever and witty response that would leave Rondun blinking dumbly at him and unable to come up with a retort. Unfortunately no such idea was quick to come to mind. Instead he stood there feeling like an utter child while Rondun explained that nobody got to the top without starting at the bottom. That much at least Ugz could have argued. Some people got on just fine having everything handed to them.

But that wasn't him.

He didn't get anything handed to him.

Ugz's eyes fell to the ground and he could almost hear his grandfather's voice laid over Rondun's more easy-going tone. Telling him how stupid he was for getting it wrong. How he'd never measure up enough to be second-best. Rondun was always right. He was the poster boy. The one that never seemed to have to work for anything. It seemed wrong to him that Rondun of all people was telling him that he had to. It wasn't fair.

But... that was life wasn't it?

Red eyes simmered and stiffly he thought of the one goal he had.
"Fine." His eyes narrowed on Tetrosabier. On his goal. "But I'm not going to even pretend to kill Rondun."

He'd prove to them both that he could do these stupid tasks with one arm tied behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Rondun smiled softly. He stood back up. “That sounds fair.” He turned towards Tetrosabier, “I hope you will treat your students with a little more respect from now on. Or you might get backstabbed again.”

Not that he would do that, but he could imagine the moment he left the scene Ugz will do exactly that out of spite. He know how some teenagers are, the moment their authoritive figure left the scene they would act however they wanted. And now he more or less could guess what kind of things Ugz would be doing. Not that he will stop him.

There was also another problem he wanted to address. For some reason Ugz start to get defensive when the Lamian began his lecture. It was odd, he never seen that behaviour before. Then again he also never heard a lecture from their grandparents before either. Their grandpa does praise him a bit too much for simple hard work and grandma was simply the most loving woman he has encountered, with only two other in her league.

Quietly he stood aside, waiting to see what Tetrosabier might have to say. If they going to go for more lessons. He doesn’t really see himself as needed anymore, considering how quick Ugz managed to get a hit on the guy. He could probably log off and get the dinner ready. There will be a lot to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm

"Alright then." Tetrosabier let out a small sigh of relief.  He was glad that Ugz was willing to learn.  He approached Ugz and pulled out a slip of paper.  On it was written a full pardon from the regular training courses that they assigned to most beginning assassins.  

"In about two days, someone from the agency will find you to ask what you've learned.  Instead of telling them anything just hand them this note.  It will take you off of the preset training courses, and allow you to begin accepting full on jobs immediately, as long as I accompany you.  Sadly, Rondun will not be able to join you on any jobs, as it is a security risk."  Looking Rondun up and down once more, he chuckled. "Not that I think he could hide to save his life."

Looking back to Ugz, he crouched down.  "I want you to understand that everything I will tell you is serious,  even though you may not realize it at the time.  My hope is that you will treat it as such.  For your next lesson we will be meeting me at the Exutaran Capitol in ten days.  If you are late, I will be forced to continue without you." Tetrosabier stood to his feet.  He took off his bloodstained vest as he turned around, showing off the deep crimson drying onto the hole on the back of his shirt.  Walking back into the street,  he shouted back to his pupil, "Until we meet again."  Disappearing into the quickly forming crowd, he was gone without a trace.  leaving Ugz and Rondun by themselves as the crowd dissipated as fast as it had appeared.

---Fin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3